- Архив списков рассылки pgsql-performance

От Mariel Cherkassky
Тема
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hey,
I wanted to a few questions regarding the parallel parameters :  max_worker_processes and max_parallel_workers_per_gather.

1)Basically, max_worker_processes should be set to the number of cpus I have in the machine ?
2)If I set max_worker_processes to X and max_parallel_workers_per_gather to Y (X>Y) it means that I will have at max (X/2) queries that can run in parallel. Am I right ? For example, max_worker_processes =8,max_parallel_workers_per_gather =4, it means that at max I can have 4 queries that are running in parallel ? and at min 2 queries (or none) can run in parallel ?
3)So If I calculate my work_mem based on the number of sessions I have : (TOTAL_MEM/2/NUM_OF_CONNECTIONS)
I should add 8 to the NUM_OF_CONNECTIONS to have a new value for the work_mem in order to consider queries that run in parallel..

Thanks.