Re: Check lateral references within PHVs for memoize cache keys

От Paul A Jungwirth
Тема Re: Check lateral references within PHVs for memoize cache keys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 4, 2023 at 12:33 AM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rebase the patch on HEAD as cfbot reminds.

All of this seems good to me. I can reproduce the problem, tests pass,
and the change is sensible as far as I can tell.

One adjacent thing I noticed is that when we renamed "Result Cache" to
"Memoize" this bit of the docs in config.sgml got skipped (probably
because of the line break):

        Hash tables are used in hash joins, hash-based aggregation, result
        cache nodes and hash-based processing of <literal>IN</literal>
        subqueries.

I believe that should say "memoize nodes" instead. Is it worth
correcting that as part of this patch? Or perhaps another one?

Regards,

--
Paul              ~{:-)
pj@illuminatedcomputing.com