Re: [GENERAL] Performance appending to an array column

От Paul A Jungwirth
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Performance appending to an array column
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Performance appending to an array column  (Imre Samu <pella.samu@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> It's going to suck big-time :-(.

Ha ha that's what I thought, but thank you for confirming. :-)

> We ended up keeping
> the time series data outside the DB; I doubt the conclusion would be
> different today.

Interesting. That seems a little radical to me, but I'll consider it
more seriously now. I also tried cstore_fdw for this, but my queries
(building a 2-D histogram) were taking 4+ seconds, compared to 500ms
using arrays. Putting everything into regular files gives up filtering
and other SQL built-ins, but maybe I could write my own extension to
load regular files into Postgres arrays, sort of getting the best of
both worlds.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience!

Yours,
Paul