Re: flinfo NULL in DirectFunctionCall callee?

От Paul A Jungwirth
Тема Re: flinfo NULL in DirectFunctionCall callee?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 8:12 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Paul A Jungwirth <pj@illuminatedcomputing.com> writes:
> > Is it expected for flinfo to be null when using DirectFunctionCall*?
>
> Yes, per the comment on those functions:
>
>  * These are for invocation of a specifically named function with a
>  * directly-computed parameter list.  Note that neither arguments nor result
>  * are allowed to be NULL.  Also, the function cannot be one that needs to
>  * look at FmgrInfo, since there won't be any.

Thanks Tom! Alas I saw that same comment in fmgr.h but it was missing
the last sentence. Would you like a patch updating it there? Is that
the kind of thing you make CF entries for? (And sorry this is veering
into pgsql-hackers territory....)

> Use fmgr_info() or a sibling to fill in the FmgrInfo.

Thanks for this too! I wound up just adding a range_cmp_internal to
avoid the whole issue, which is a pattern already used by a bunch of
the other range_* functions.

Yours,
Paul