Re: FREE hosting platforms with PostgreSQL, Java SDK, Tomcat, ecc.?

От Fernando Pianegiani
Тема Re: FREE hosting platforms with PostgreSQL, Java SDK, Tomcat, ecc.?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

thank you for your answer. Sorry for my cross posting.

Are you in any business about hosting platforms?? ;-)

Don't forget that the Internet is free, that youtube is free and that this mailing list is free and that also MySQL is free. But, not all the services that appear free are really for free. Behind them there is for sure a business.

Fernando

Extreme cross posting, you may need to elect one mailing list and post
only to it.

I think you may not get good offering for what you are looking for if
you are only interested in FREE hosting having all those features
you've mentioned. The hosting services do have to somehow get
compensation for their overheads, this would mean either offering a
FREE service for a limited period and/or requiring that they
explicitly add as many of their advertisements as possible to your
resulting web pages, not to mention they will try to place as many
clients as possible on modest hardware, your ability to manage Tomcat,
PostgreSQL will also be very limited in such environments, in general
your clients will not be happy.

Also the FREE services of this kind have by now been exploited by the
many individuals who provide websites that are aimed at ripping people
off.

Allan.

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Allan Kamau <kamauallan@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Fernando Pianegiani
<fernando.pianegiani@gmail.com