Re: C testing for Postgres

От Dmitry Dolgov
Тема Re: C testing for Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 11:38 AM Adam Berlin <aberlin@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> During the unconference at PGCon in Ottawa, I asked about writing C-based
> tests for Postgres. There was interest in trying a tool and also some
> hesitation to depend on a third-party library. So, I wrote a tool that I'd
> like to contribute to Postgres. I’ve been calling it cexpect [1].

Cool, thanks!

> Rather than post a patch, I'd rather start a conversation first. I'm guessing
> there are some improvements that we'd want to make (for example: the
> Makefile) before commiting a patch. Let's iterate on improvements before
> creating a formal patch.

Just to mention, there were similar discussions already in the past ([1], [2]),
with some concerns being raised, but looks like without any visible results.

[1]:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAEepm%3D2heu%2B5zwB65jWap3XY-UP6PpJZiKLQRSV2UQH9BmVRXQ%40mail.gmail.com
[2]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/Pine.LNX.4.58.0410111044030.14840%40linuxworld.com.au