Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

От Dmitry Dolgov
Тема Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 4:13 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>
> While 0001 is pretty bulky, the interesting bits concentrate on a
> comparatively small area. I'd appreciate if somebody could give the
> comments added in tableam.h a read (both on callbacks, and their
> wrappers, as they have different audiences).

Potentially stupid question, but I'm curious about this one (couldn't find any
discussion about it):

    +/*
    + * Generic descriptor for table scans. This is the base-class for
table scans,
    + * which needs to be embedded in the scans of individual AMs.
    + */
    +typedef struct TableScanDescData
    // ...
    bool rs_pageatatime; /* verify visibility page-at-a-time? */
    bool rs_allow_strat; /* allow or disallow use of access strategy */
    bool rs_allow_sync; /* allow or disallow use of syncscan */

    + * allow_{strat, sync, pagemode} specify whether a scan strategy,
    + * synchronized scans, or page mode may be used (although not every AM
    + * will support those).
    // ...
    + TableScanDesc (*scan_begin) (Relation rel,

The last commentary makes me think that those flags (allow_strat / allow_sync /
pageatime) are more like AM specific, shouldn't they live in HeapScanDescData?