Re: GSoC 2015: Extra Jsonb functionality

От Dmitry Dolgov
Тема Re: GSoC 2015: Extra Jsonb functionality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Perhaph it's my misunderstanding, but this would seem to be more of an intersection operation on keys rather than a delete.
Hm...why? We remove all elements, which are contains in the first and second jsonb ("f": [4, 5] in this case) from the first one.

> Could there be a corresponding jsonb_except function which does the opposite (i.e. returns everything on the left side except where it matches with the right)?
and if I understand your question correctly, this is exactly what the jsonb_delete_jsonb will do, isn't it?.

> Is there a use-case for the example you've given above, where you take JSON containing objects and arrays, and flatten them out into a one-dimensional array?
Hm...actually I don't know about such use-cases. This function is analog of the hstore_to_array (and the similar function hstore_to_matrix), which is used sometimes, judging by github. So I thought this function should be implemented (after this question I'm not so sure).

> What should happen if "g" or {"g"} were used instead?
Did you mean {"g": "key"}? Hmm...but in any case, I suppose this new object should be appended to the array as a regular element.
    =# jsonb_add_to_path('{"b": {"c": ["d", "f"]}}'::jsonb, {b, c}::text[], '"g"'::jsonb);

            jsonb_add_to_path
    ---------------------------------------
       {"b": {"c": ["d", "f", "g"]}}

> This is a bit strange.  Why did "f" get flattened out of "d"?
The main purpose if this function is to get values for required keys from all nesting levels (actually, I thougth it will be not so convenient otherwise and I didn't consider the implementation with path usage). If this so confusing, I can remove this function from the list =)

On 20 March 2015 at 00:08, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Thom Brown wrote:
> On 19 March 2015 at 14:35, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Thom Brown wrote:

> Okay, so it pulls it all parents?  So I guess you'd get this too:
>
> SELECT jsonb_slice('{"a": 1, "b": {"c": 2}, "d": {"f": 3}, "f":
> 4}'::jsonb, ARRAY['b', 'f', 'x']);
>
>                   jsonb_slice
>  {"a": 1, "b": {"c": 2}, "d": {"f": 3}, "f": 4}

Yeah, except "a" wouldn't be output, of course.  (The example gets more
interesting if "d" contains more members than just "f".  Those would not
get output.)

> >> Although I'm still a bit confused about "f" being produced.
> >
> > I guess you could say that the second argument is an array of element
> > paths, not key names.  So to get the result I suggest, you would have to
> > use ARRAY['{b}', '{d,f}', '{x}'].  (Hm, this is a non-rectangular
> > array actually... I guess I'd go for ARRAY['b', 'd//f', 'x'] instead, or
> > whatever the convention is to specify a json path).
>
> I think that's where jsquery would come in handy.

If that's what we think, then perhaps we shouldn't accept jsonb_slice at
all because of ambiguous mode of operation.

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

От: Max Filippov
Сообщение: Re: configure can't detect proper pthread flags
От: hitesh ramani
Сообщение: Re: GSoC - Idea Discussion