Re: Improve default partition

От Dmitry Dolgov
Тема Re: Improve default partition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 4:45 PM Rafia Sabih <rafia.pghackers@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This does not sound very convenient. I was thinking of having some
> mechanism for such insertions which automatically creates a default
> partition and gives a notice for the user to know that it is going to
> the default partition.

If I remember correctly, there is a side effect when it's impossible to create
any new partitions, that intersects with values from default partition (one has
to detach a default partition, remove rows and attach it back). That could
probably be not always a desired outcome.

Btw, there is a somewhat similar discussion in the ongoing thread [1].

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/alpine.DEB.2.21.1907150711080.22273%40lancre