Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL

От Dmitry Dolgov
Тема Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 at 19:03, Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org> wrote:
>
> > If not properly cataloguing NOT NULL constraints would be fixed, can it
> > potentially conflict with the current patch or not?
> We already doing same stuff for "alter table attach partition" and in this patch i use exactly this routine. If
propercataloguing would conflict with my patch - it would conflict with "attach partition" validation too.

> I think proper cataloguing can be implemented without conflict with proposed feature.

Yes, indeed, this patch relies on the PartConstraintImpliedByRelConstraint.
Then maybe it makes sense to go with the solution, proposed in this thread,
while leaving open the possibility of having "SET NOT NULL NOT VALID"? From
the functionality point of view it definitely would be beneficial. Any other
opinions?

От: Jürgen Strobel
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work asexpected and allow NOT NULL violation
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: proposal: simple query profile and tracing API