Bug: attributes dynamically filled (e.g. xml) truncated

Hi,

I have found what I think might be a bug. I am using the ODBC driver
in conjunction with AnySQL. After submitting this bug report to them,
they said they think that it is a problem with the driver, because “it
just displays values returned by the driver.” So here we go! :-)

The text type in PostgreSQL is of unlimited length. When accessing a
view in PostgreSQL, some of the attributes contain data generated
dynamically that is longer than 255 characters, but it would seem that
the driver truncates this to 255 characters.

Steps to reproduce:

drop view if exists "public"."too_short_view";

drop table if exists "public"."too_short";

create table "public"."too_short" (id serial primary key, name text not null);

insert into "public"."too_short" (name) values ('
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc
tempor risus sit amet nibh venenatis sit amet vehicula augue
suscipit. Vivamus augue magna, lacinia vel dapibus nec,
tincidunt quis eros. Duis vehicula hendrerit dui, ut cursus ligula volutpat.
This is now at least 255 characters long, but this part will be truncated.');

create view "public"."too_short_view" as select id, xmlelement(name
xml, name) from "public"."too_short";

select * from "public"."too_short_view";

Thanks for your time!
Ben