psycopg3 COPY support

От Daniele Varrazzo
Тема psycopg3 COPY support
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I have written an article describing the new COPY support available in
psycopg3: it is a big improvement to what is available in psycopg2,
allowing COPY from a stream of Python objects, async operations,
binary copy. You can find it at
https://www.psycopg.org/articles/2020/11/15/psycopg3-copy/

In the next few days I would like to write more about the new main
features of psycopg3 and differences with psycopg2. In the meantime I
am writing down a first draft of the documentation
(https://www.psycopg.org/psycopg3/docs/)... and of course the code
that remains to write.

I am currently developing psycopg3 as my main activity: getting enough
funding for the project would put me in condition to develop it full
time and to release it quickly. If you or your company use Python and
PostgreSQL professionally and you would like to support the
development and maintenance of psycopg2 and psycopg3 your contribution
will be very appreciated.

More information about the psycopg3 project is at
https://www.psycopg.org/psycopg3/ Thank you very much!

-- Daniele