Re: License Question

От Daniele Varrazzo
Тема Re: License Question
Дата
Список psycopg
On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 7:04 PM, Jamie Specter <jamie.specter@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would love to use it in an Apache-licensed project but unfortunately, LGPL
> licenses are not compatible with Apache 2.0.
>
> See here for more info:
> https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x

Is this true? this page leads to
<http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html>, which says:

"""
This licensing incompatibility applies only when some Apache project
software becomes a derivative work of some GPLv3 software, because
then the Apache software would have to be distributed under GPLv3.
This would be incompatible with ASF's requirement that all Apache
software must be distributed under the Apache License 2.0.
"""

Is your work a "derivative" of psycopg, or it merely uses psycopg? If
you only want to use it you should be fine.

-- Daniele

P.S. certain Postgres mailing list don't tolerate cross-posting. I
don't know about pgsql-general, but I would avoid it anyway.

В списке psycopg по дате отправления: