Re: RFC: Extend psycopg2.connect to accept all valid parameters?

От Daniele Varrazzo
Тема Re: RFC: Extend psycopg2.connect to accept all valid parameters?
Дата
Список psycopg
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Fabian Knittel
<fabian.knittel@avona.com> wrote:

> I'm willing to write a patch, but I first wanted to find out what kind
> of patch (if any) would be acceptable in psycopg.  The pass-through
> solution is clearly only syntactic sugar, but as there's already some
> keyword support, it would be nice to make this more generic and
> therefore more intuitive.

For me, transparent pass-through of the keywords arguments to a
connection string would be perfectly acceptable; an exhaustive list of
libpq-supported parameters not so much.

> Instead of implementing the kwargs-pass-through approach in C, I could
> also imagine a solution where psycopg2._psycopg.connect (psyco_connect)
> is changed to only support a single string-DSN-parameter.
> psycopg2.connect would be a pure-Python method that wraps around
> psycopg2._psycopg.connect and provides the kwargs to dsn conversion
> sugar.  (This would move all the icky string manipulation stuff from C
> to Python.)

Yes, I agree: this is a less scary implementation if you wanted to
provide a patch. I'd either leave psycopg2._psycopg.connect as it is,
with the currently supported keyword arguments, or rename it to
psycopg2._psycopg._connect, supporting only the connection string.
Either way, the function would be imported in the module as _connect,
to be invoked by a connect() function written in python and
responsible to build the connection string.

-- Daniele

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: RFC: Extend psycopg2.connect to accept all valid parameters?
Сообщение: Re: RFC: Extend psycopg2.connect to accept all valid parameters?