Re: Range Type Support

От Daniele Varrazzo
Тема Re: Range Type Support
Дата
Re: Range Type Support  (Federico Di Gregorio <fog@initd.org>)
Список psycopg
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Jonathan S. Katz
<jonathan.katz@excoventures.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using range types in an application I am writing and am planning on writing some mapping to have support with
built-inPython ranges, and some simple extensions for dealing with date ranges.  I am going to write this on my own
regardless,but is anyone working on this for psycopg2?  If not, I would be willing to contribute the code I am working
on.

What is a "built-in Python range"? You mean some Python object to be
written with the same semantics of a postgres range? (subtype,
handling of boundaries, empty singleton).

> I was planning on writing the adapter in Python as I am unfamiliar with writing C code for Python.  Are there any
thoughtswhere such an adapter would be placed, e.g. in lib.extras

lib.extras is the current kitchen sink and contains all the extra data
types. I'm toying with the idea of reorganizing the package submodules
but this will come later.

-- Daniele