Can Postgres beat Oracle for regexp_count?

От Shaozhong SHI
Тема Can Postgres beat Oracle for regexp_count?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It has been found that regexp_count works brilliantly in Oracle.

However, it is not easy to replicate that in Postgres.  The following codes have been experimented but without any luck.

select regexp_matches('My High Street', '([A-Z][a-z]+[\s])', 'g')

select regexp_matches('My High Street', '([A-Z][a-z]+[\s]*)', 'g')

County occurrences of 'My High Street' in one of the following strings:

'My High Street'    1
'My High Street My High Street'   2

Can anyone enlighten all of us?

Regards,