Re: BUG #17064: Parallel VACUUM operations cause the error "global/pg_filenode.map contains incorrect checksum"

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: BUG #17064: Parallel VACUUM operations cause the error "global/pg_filenode.map contains incorrect checksum"
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #17064: Parallel VACUUM operations cause the error "global/pg_filenode.map contains incorrect checksum"  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 7:52 PM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> On 23/06/2021 12:45, Thomas Munro wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 7:46 PM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> >> Let's just add the lock there.
> >
> > +1, no doubt about that.
>
> Committed that. Thanks for the report, Alexander!

I think you missed relmap_redo (including a misleading comment).

> If anyone wants a write a patch for that, I'd be happy to review it. And
> if anyone has access to a system with pmem hardware, it would be
> interesting to try to reproduce a torn sector and broken control file by
> pulling the power plug.

I have been working on a kind of experimental file system for
simulating torn sectors (and other interesting file system phenomena)
as part of some work on recovery scenerio testing, not quite ready to
share yet but it can simulate that exact failure...

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17064: Parallel VACUUM operations cause the error "global/pg_filenode.map contains incorrect checksum"