Re: Installing PostgreSQL 16 on FreeBSD 13.0

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Installing PostgreSQL 16 on FreeBSD 13.0
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Sep 19, 2023 at 3:38 PM Philip Muturura <pndungu2006@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway , I had run the command you stated before asking for assistance. Seems PostgreSQL 16 is not included in the
FreeBSD13.0 repo.

I guess in /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf you have:

FreeBSD: {
  url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/quarterly",

If you change "quarterly" to "latest" and run "pkg update" you should
see it, otherwise I assume you'll have to wait until next month (?)
for it to show up in the Q3 quarterly package list.

> I did also try to upgrade to Release 13.2, but same error again.

But hopefully your symbol versioning problems went away when you
upgraded to 13.2?  That's because after minor releases reach EOL, the
packages start getting built on the next minor release even though
it's the "same" ABI for packaging purposes (in this case "13"),
AFAIK... I'm no expert on this packaging policy stuff but I guess this
usually doesn't cause trouble unless some new feature from the next
major release (14) gets back-ported and then some configure script
discovers it, or something like that.  Another good reason to keep
your system up to date...

Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL 16 on FreeBSD 13.0
Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL 16 on FreeBSD 13.0