Re: High QPS, random index writes and vacuum

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: High QPS, random index writes and vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 2:43 PM peter plachta <pplachta@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was trying to understand whether there are any known workarounds for random access + index vacuums. Are my vacuum
times'normal' ?

Ah, it's not going to help on the old versions you mentioned, but for
what it's worth: I remember noticing that I could speed up vacuum of
uncorrelated indexes using parallel vacuum (v13), huge_pages=on,
maintainance_work_mem=BIG, min_dynamic_shared_memory=BIG (v14),
because then the memory that is binary-searched in random order avoids
thrashing the TLB.

Сообщение: Re: High QPS, random index writes and vacuum
Сообщение: Re: High QPS, random index writes and vacuum