Re: more Unicode data updates

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: more Unicode data updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 8:35 AM Peter Eisentraut
> src/include/common/unicode_norm_table.h also should be updated to the
> latest Unicode tables, as described in src/common/unicode.  See attached
> patches.  This also passes the tests described in
> src/common/unicode/README.  (That is, the old code does not pass the
> current Unicode test file, but the updated code does pass it.)
>
> I also checked contrib/unaccent/ but it seems up to date.
>
> It seems to me that we ought to make this part of the standard major
> release preparations.  There is a new Unicode standard approximately
> once a year; see <https://unicode.org/Public/>.  (The 13.0.0 listed
> there is not released yet.)
>
> It would also be nice to unify and automate all these "update to latest
> Unicode" steps.

+1, great idea.  Every piece of the system that derives from Unicode
data should derive from the same version, and the version should be
mentioned in the release notes when it changes, and should be
documented somewhere centrally.  I wondered about that when working on
the unaccent generator script but didn't wonder hard enough.

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2019a.)
Сообщение: Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2019a.)