Re: BUG #18219: libpq does not take into consideration UNICODE define

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: BUG #18219: libpq does not take into consideration UNICODE define
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Dec 1, 2023 at 10:58 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems like a non-starter.

... and I should probably explain why.  This project has difficulty
maintaining Windows support, because of a general lack of PostgreSQL
developers working on that platform (but we welcome more! patches
welcome!) and a disproportionately high amount of maintenance work
that it generates.  One factor is that there are several different
Windows configurations (different compilers, C runtimes, build
systems, file system semantics, partial POSIX emulations like MSYS and
Cygwin...) to consider.  I doubt we'd want to add another dimension to
that problem space by saying we have to maintain and test the UNICODE
and non-UNICODE code paths in our libraries.

Hence my intuition that we should be figuring out where the right
place is to suppress or undefine UNICODE.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #18219: libpq does not take into consideration UNICODE define
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18219: libpq does not take into consideration UNICODE define