Re: Creation of an empty table is not fsync'd at checkpoint

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Creation of an empty table is not fsync'd at checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 8:12 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 6:55 AM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> > I think the simplest fix is to call register_dirty_segment() from
> > mdcreate(). As in the attached. Thoughts?
>
> +1

[Testing]

Erm, so now I see my new table in checkpoint's activities:

openat(AT_FDCWD,"base/5/16399",O_RDWR,00)     = 20 (0x14)
fsync(20)                     = 0 (0x0)

... but we still never synchronize "base/5".  According to our
project's reading of the POSIX tea leaves we should be doing that to
nail down the directory entry.

Сообщение: Re: A test for replay of regression tests
Сообщение: Re: A test for replay of regression tests