Re: Usage of epoch in txid_current

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Usage of epoch in txid_current
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 5:01 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> New version attached.  I'd like to commit this for PG12.

Here is a follow-up sketch patch that shows FullTransactionId being
used in the transaction stack, so you can call eg
GetCurrentFullTransactionId().  A table access method could use this
to avoid the need to freeze stuff later (eg zheap).

I suppose it's not strictly necessary, since you could use
GetCurrentTransactionId() and infer the epoch by comparing with
ReadNextFullTransactionId() (now that the epoch counting is reliable,
due to patch 0001 which I'm repeating again here just for cfbot).  But
I suppose we want to get away from that sort of thing.  Thoughts?

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com

Вложения