Re: Map WAL segment files on PMEM as WAL buffers

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Map WAL segment files on PMEM as WAL buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 5:00 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> I'm attaching a probable fix.  Unfortunately, for patches like this, most of
> the functionality isn't exercised unless the library is installed and
> compilation and runtime are enabled by default.

By the way, you could add a separate patch marked not-for-commit that
adds, say, an apt-get command to the Linux task in the .cirrus.yml
file, and whatever --with-blah stuff you might need to the configure
part, if that'd be useful to test this code.  Eventually, if we wanted
to support that permanently for all CI testing, we'd want to push
package installation down to the image building scripts (not in the pg
source tree) so that CI starts with everything we need pre-installed,
but one of the goals of the recent CI work was to make it possible for
patches that include dependency changes to be possible (for example
the alternative SSL library threads).