Re: AIX support - alignment issues

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: AIX support - alignment issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 4:24 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> writes:
> > * The documented list mentions some in different endiannesses and word
> > sizes explicitly but not others; I think it'd be tidier to list the
> > main architecture names and then tack on a "big and little endian, 32
> > and 64 bit" sentence.
>
> As phrased, this seems to be saying that we can do both
> endiannesses on any of the supported arches, which is a little
> weird considering that most of them are single-endianness.  It's
> not a big deal, but maybe a tad more word-smithing there would
> help?

OK, I word-smothe thusly:

+   and PA-RISC, including
+   big-endian, little-endian, 32-bit, and 64-bit variants where applicable.

I also realised that we should list a couple more OSes (we know they
work, they are automatically tested).  Then I wondered why we bother
to state a Windows version here.  For consistency, we could list the
minimum Linux kernel, and so on for every other OS, but that's silly
for such brief and general documentation.  So I propose that we just
say "current versions of ..." and remove the bit about Windows 10.

Вложения