Re: XLogReadRecord() error in XlogReadTwoPhaseData()

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: XLogReadRecord() error in XlogReadTwoPhaseData()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 10:02 AM Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> - Report a Debian bug for the sparc64+ext4 zeros problem.

I suspect that 027_stream_regress.pl hits this kernel bug with high
probability[1].  I wonder if the owner of kittiwake and tadarida would
consider setting up an xfs file system?  Or alternatively, since ext4
didn't support concurrent writes until recently, I wonder if there is
an option somewhere to turn the new concurrency stuff off, or failing
that, if we could temporarily downgrade the kernel to an older version
that does inode-level read/write locking.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BhUKG%2BeuZ%3Ddc27ZB%3Ds74x0q%3DzU%3D2%3Dvs8%2B6TkJoTUiCPUd2dQA%40mail.gmail.com