Re: Collation version tracking for macOS

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Collation version tracking for macOS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 7:43 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> The idea of fingerprinting a collation's behavior is interesting,
> but I've got doubts about whether we can make a sufficiently thorough
> fingerprint.

On one of the many threads about this I recall posting a thought
experiment patch that added system_collation_version_command or some
such, so you could train your computer to compute a hash for
/usr/share/locale/XXX/LC_COLLATE (or whatever it's called on your
system), but it all seemed a bit gross to me on various levels.  Most
people don't know or care about collations so they won't set it up, so
to make it useful it'd have to have useful defaults, and it seems like
a bad idea to teach PostgreSQL where all these systems keep their
collation rules.

Сообщение: Re: Collation version tracking for macOS
Сообщение: Re: Collation version tracking for macOS