Re: BUG #17245: Index corruption involving deduplicated entries

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: BUG #17245: Index corruption involving deduplicated entries
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 10:08 AM K. R. <iijima.yun@koumakan.jp> wrote:
> [...] I do not use pg_upgrade since
> different versions of PostgreSQL cannot be installed at the same time in
> FreeBSD using the ports/packages system, and I do not find dump/restore
> much a chore (plus it solves issues with possible locale changes).

It really would be nice to address that. (FWIW A few years ago I had a
mostly-working experiment-grade patch for the ports tree that could
install and run multiple versions in parallel, and the bones of a port
of the Debian wrapper scripts and cluster control tools so you can
list, start, stop, clone clusters etc, but I ran out of steam while
contemplating the squillions of other packages that interact with
PostgreSQL...  happy to share the starter bits and pieces I have
off-list if anyone is interested...).  But in this particular case it
significantly reduces the search area for the problem, so that's a
useful deficiency!

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17245: Index corruption involving deduplicated entries
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17245: Index corruption involving deduplicated entries