Re: BUG #16104: Invalid DSA Memory Alloc Request in Parallel Hash

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: BUG #16104: Invalid DSA Memory Alloc Request in Parallel Hash
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 10:38 AM James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com> wrote:
> But now we're at the end of my understanding of how hash tables and
> joins are implemented in PG; is there a wiki page or design that might
> give me some current design description of how the buckets and batches
> work with the hash so I can keep following along?

We have something like the so-called "Grace" hash join (with the
"hybrid" refinement, irrelevant for this discussion):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_join#Grace_hash_join

Our word "batch" just means partition.  Most descriptions talk about
using two different hash functions for partition and bucket, but our
implementation uses a single hash function, and takes some of the bits
to choose the bucket and some of the bits to choose the batch.  That
happens here:

https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/src/backend/executor/nodeHash.c#L1872

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16104: Invalid DSA Memory Alloc Request in Parallel Hash
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16104: Invalid DSA Memory Alloc Request in Parallel Hash