Re: recovering from "found xmin ... from before relfrozenxid ..."

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: recovering from "found xmin ... from before relfrozenxid ..."
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 1:36 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 3:23 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 9:12 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > A number of EDB customers have had this error crop on their tables for
> > > reasons that we have usually not been able to determine. In many
> >
> > <long-shot>Do you happen to know if they ever used the
> > snapshot-too-old feature?</long-shot>
>
> I don't have any reason to believe that they did. Why?

Nothing specific, I was just contemplating the problems with that
feature and the patches[1] proposed so far to fix some of them, and
what types of corruption might be possible due to that stuff, and it
occurred to me to ask if you'd thought about that in connection to
these reports.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CA%2BTgmoY%3Daqf0zjTD%2B3dUWYkgMiNDegDLFjo%2B6ze%3DWtpik%2B3XqA%40mail.gmail.com