Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607
Дата
RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607
Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jun 4, 2024 at 1:00 AM Haifang Wang (Centific Technologies
Inc) <v-haiwang@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Just would like to follow up with you about this bug. Hope Rahul and Vishwa have answered all your questions below.
Didyou get chance to do investigations? Any other questions?

Hi,

Thanks for all your feedback!  Sorry for my late replies, I was
travelling and at a conference last week (at which one of the topics
was "what are we going to do about the sorry state of PostgreSQL on
Windows", but that's a wider topic than this thread...)

The answers are all useful, thank you.  There was just one thing I
wanted to clarify.  Vishwa said:

"Yes, its exactly the same code and driving data , only spelling is
changed which included replcement of u with ü"

That sounds like it is answering the question 'Do
"Turkish_Turkey.1254" and "Turkish_Türkiye.1254" behave identically?',
which I had already assumed to be true, but I was actually asking 'Do
""Turkish_Turkey.1254", "Turkish_Türkiye.1254" and "tr-TR.1254" all
behave identically?'.  It sounds like the answer is probably yes, but
the mention of "u" vs "ü" implied a narrower answer than I was looking
for...  It's important, because we're proposing to translate to
"tr-TR.1254".

Since no one has come forward to test the patch I wrote on Windows, I
think my next move will be to try to make a build option that can also
do locale name renaming on Unix, so that I have something that I could
test myself and push for the next release of PostgreSQL which will be
in October.

One open question is whether we should ship a translation file
ourselves.  I have heard two opinions: Tom Lane proposed in this
thread that there should be no file initially, we let the user figure
out what to put in there.  Magnus Hagander proposed at the pgconf.dev
conference last week that we should ideally ship a complete
translation file and maintain it over time, and it should be installed
not in pgdata but rather in the install directory.  I am not
personally able or willing to maintain such a file, I'm only offering
to supply the C code to read it and do what it says, but perhaps a
group such as the EDB Installer maintainer group, or at least someone
with a vested interest in PostgreSQL on Windows, might like to own
that job.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18492: Adding a toasted column to a table with an inherited temp table fails with Assert
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18365: Inconsistent cost function between materialized and non-materialized CTE