Re: Guiding principle for dropping LLVM versions?

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Guiding principle for dropping LLVM versions?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
We could go further.  With LLVM 14 as the minimum we can just use
opaque pointers everywhere, and delete more conditional code in
master.  Tested on 14-18.

I explored using the new pass manager everywhere too.  It almost
worked, but I couldn't see how to override the inlining threshold
before LLVM 16[1], even in C++, so we couldn't fix that with a
llvmjit_wrap.cpp hack.

I like this.  How can I find out if someone would shout at me for
dropping LLVM 13?

[1] https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/4fa328074efd7eefdbb314b8f6e9f855e443ca20

Вложения