Re: CI, macports, darwin version problems

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: CI, macports, darwin version problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 12:00 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> writes:
> > I know how to find out which darwin version is running: uname -r | sed
> > 's/\..*//'.  What I don't know is how to find the darwin version for a
> > macports installation.
>
> "port platform"?

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

But I thought of an easier way: instead of trying to do my own cache
invalidation with shell script and duct tape, I can include the
current OS major version in the cache key used to carry the
macports directory between CI runs.  Hopefully Cirrus's cache machinery
is smart enough to age out the old stuff eventually.

This seems to have the desired effect.  I've registered this thread to
see how cfbot likes this, and see if anyone sees a problem with
switching to the "macos-runner:sonoma" image, or the cache key scheme.

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/48/5076/

FTR there is a newer macOS release that recently came out, Sequoia aka
macOS 15, but the image available to us for CI is marked beta so I
figured we can wait a bit longer for that.

Вложения