Re: pg_upgrade and cross-library upgrades

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and cross-library upgrades
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 5, 2023 at 4:29 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> Thoughts?

I am grateful for all the bug discoveries that these Debian 7 animals
provided in their time, but at this point we're unlikely to learn
things that are useful to our mission from them.  It costs our
community time to talk about each of these issues, re-discovering old
GCC bugs etc.  If this were my animal and if the hardware couldn't be
upgraded to a modern distro for technical reasons like a de-supported
architecture, I would now disable HEAD, or more likely give the whole
machine a respectful send-off ceremony and move on.