Re: Collation versioning

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Collation versioning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 11:41 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 8:38 AM Peter Eisentraut
> > Actually, I had to revert that because pg_dump and pg_upgrade tests need
> > to be updated, but that seems doable.
>
> [Returning from a couple of weeks mostly away from computers]
>
> Right, sorry about that.  Here is a new version that fixes that test,
> and also gives credit to Christoph for the idea in the commit message.

Here's a version with a small note added to the documentation.  I'm
planning to commit this tomorrow.

To actually make this useful for most users, we need version tracking
for the default collation.  I noticed that the ICU-as-default patch[1]
can do that for ICU collations (though I haven't looked closely yet).
Currently, its change to get_collation_actual_version() for the
default collation applies only when the default provider is ICU, but
if you just take out that condition when rebasing it should do the
right thing, I think?

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/104646/v1-0002-Add-option-to-use-ICU-as-global-collation-provide_rebased.patch

Вложения