Re: Shared Memory: How to use SYSV rather than MMAP ?

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Shared Memory: How to use SYSV rather than MMAP ?
Дата
RE: Shared Memory: How to use SYSV rather than MMAP ?  ("REIX, Tony" <tony.reix@atos.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 10:30 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2019-Feb-03, Thomas Munro wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 12:49 AM Thomas Munro
> > <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > > I am planning to commit the 0001 patch shortly, unless there are
> > > objections.  I attach a new version, which improves the documentation
> > > a bit (cross-referencing the new GUC and the section on sysctl
> > > settings).  That will give us shared_memory_type = sysv.
> >
> > Committed 0001.
>
> So can you please rebase what remains?

Here's a quick rebase.  It needs testing, review and (probably)
adjustment from AIX users.  I'm not going to be able to do anything
with it on my own due to lack of access, though I'm happy to help get
this committed eventually.  If we don't get any traction in this CF,
I'll withdraw this submission for now.  For consistency, I think we
should eventually also do the same thing for Linux when using sysv
(it's pretty similar, it just uses different flag names; it may also
be necessary to query the page size and round up the requested size,
on one or both of those OSes; I'm not sure).

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com

Вложения