Re: Cygwin cleanup

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Cygwin cleanup
Дата
Re: Cygwin cleanup  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 6, 2023 at 1:22 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5142810819559424 [still running at time of writing]
>
> Gotta run, but I'll check again in the morning to see if that does better...

Yes!  Two successful runs with all TAP tests so far.  So it looks like
we can probably stop lorikeet's spurious failures, by happy
coincidence due to other work, and we could seriously consider
committing this optional CI test for it, much like we have the
optional MSYS build.  Any interest in producing a tidied up version of
the patch, Justin?  Or I can, but I'll go and work on other things
first.

I pushed a change to switch the semaphore implementation.  I haven't
personally seen that failure mode on lorikeet, but I would guess
that's because (1) it's only running a tiny subset of the tests, (2)
it crashes for the other reason with higher likelihood, and/or (3)
it's not using much concurrency yet because the build farm doesn't use
meson yet.