Re: Keeping track of buildfarm animals' personality

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Keeping track of buildfarm animals' personality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 8:29 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> For eg FreeBSD you can also have the kernel out of sync
> with the user space but normally you wouldn't so I think that's good
> enough.

On second thoughts, perhaps we always want to capture the uname
version, which is most likely about the kernel, and optionally also
the userspace/distro version if we know how to with system-specific
methods.  That could be useful for diagnosing animals running in
containers, which could come up on almost any OS as they all have
container tech, and it's maybe even quite likely to be in use on
systems on AIX, Solaris etc that people add to the farm from shared
rare hardware.