Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 3:08 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> Ugh.  I tried to follow what's going on in that cygwin code, but I gave
> up pretty quickly.  It depends on a mutex, but I didn't see the mutex
> being defined or initialized anywhere.

https://github.com/cygwin/cygwin/blob/cygwin-3.5.3/winsup/cygwin/fhandler/socket_inet.cc#L217C1-L217C77

Not obvious how it'd be deadlocking (?), though...  it's hard to see
how anything between LOCK_EVENTS and UNLOCK_EVENTS could escape/return
early.  (Something weird going on with signal handlers?  I can't
imagine where one would call poll() though).