Re: hash join error improvement (old)

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: hash join error improvement (old)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 1:30 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > There are more uses of BufFileRead that don't bother to distinguish
> > these two cases apart, though -- logtape.c, tuplestore.c,
> > gistbuildbuffers.c all do the same.
>
> Yeah.  I rather suspect that callers of BufFileRead/Write are mostly
> expecting that those functions will throw an ereport() for any interesting
> error condition.  Maybe we should make it so, instead of piecemeal fixing
> the callers?

Yeah.  I proposed that over here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+hUKGK0w+GTs8aDvsKDVu7cFzSE5q+0NP_9kPSxg2NA1NeZew@mail.gmail.com

But I got stuck trying to figure out whether to back-patch (arguably
yes: there are bugs here, but arguably no: the interfaces change).

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: max_slot_wal_keep_size comment in postgresql.conf