Re: margay fails assertion in stats/dsa/dsm code

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: margay fails assertion in stats/dsa/dsm code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 12:05 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> BF animal margay (a newly started Solaris 11.4/Sparc/GCC 11.2 box) is
> sometimes failing with:
>
> TRAP: FailedAssertion("seg->mapped_address != NULL", File: "dsm.c",
> Line: 1069, PID: 9038)

I spent some time on the GCC farm machine gcc211 (Sol 11.3, GCC 5.5),
but could not repro this.  It's also not happening on wrasse (Sol
11.3, Sun Studio compiler).  I don't have access to a Sol 11.4
CBE/Sparc system like margay, but I have learned that CBE is the name
of a very recently announced rolling release intended for open source
developers[1].  I still have no idea if the active thing here is
Sparc, Sol 11.4, "CBE", GCC 11.2 or just timing conditions that reveal
bugs in our dsm/dsa/dshash/pgstat code that show up here in about 1/4
of make check runs on this stack, but miraculously nowhere else.
Perhaps margay's owner could shed some light, or has a way to provide
ssh access to a similar zone with a debugger etc installed?

[1] https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris/post/announcing-the-first-oracle-solaris-114-cbe