Re: gharial segfaulting on REL_12_STABLE only

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: gharial segfaulting on REL_12_STABLE only
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 2:09 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 1:48 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > A stack trace would likely be really useful right about now.
>
> Yeah.  Looking into how to get that.

Erm.  I heard the system was in a very unhappy state and couldn't be
logged into.  After it was rebooted, the problem appears to have gone
away.  That is quite unsatisfying.

"anole" runs on the same host, and occasionally fails to launch any
parallel workers, and it seems to be pretty unhappy too -- very long
runtimes (minutes where my smaller machines take seconds).  So the
machine may be massively overloaded and swapping or something like
that, something to be looked into, but that doesn't explain how we get
to a segfault without an underlying hard to reach bug in our code...

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com