Re: port conflicts when running tests concurrently on windows.

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: port conflicts when running tests concurrently on windows.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 11:46 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Is it perhaps time to to use unix sockets on windows by default
> (i.e. PG_TEST_USE_UNIX_SOCKETS), at least when on a new enough windows?

Makes sense.  As a data point, it looks like this feature is in all
supported releases of Windows.  It arrived in 1803, already EOL'd, and
IIUC even a Windows Server 2016 "LTSC" system that's been disconnected
from the internet and refusing all updates reaches "mainstream EOL"
next month.  (Not a Windows person myself, but I've been looking at
this stuff while contemplating various filesystem-related changes...
there it's a little murkier, you need a WSL1-era kernel *and* you need
to be running on top of local NTFS, which is harder for us to expect.)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-10-enterprise-and-education
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/windows-server-release-info
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_versions