Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, May 7, 2023 at 10:23 AM Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:
> This may be related... I seem to recall the GNUlib folks talking about
> a cp bug on sparse files. It looks like it may be fixed in coreutils
> release 9.2 (2023-03-20):
> https://github.com/coreutils/coreutils/blob/master/NEWS#L233
>
> If I recall correctly, it had something to do with the way
> copy_file_range worked. (Or maybe, it did not work as expected).
>
> According to the GNUlib docs
> (https://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/manual/html_node/copy_005ffile_005frange.html):
>
>     This function has many problems on Linux
>     kernel versions before 5.3

That's quite interesting, thanks (we've been talking about making
direct use of copy_file_range() in a few threads, I'll definitely be
looking into that history), but we don't currently use
copy_file_range() or any coreutils stuff in the relevant code paths
here -- this data is copied by plain old pread() and pwrite().

Сообщение: Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice
Сообщение: Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice