Re: some AppVeyor files

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: some AppVeyor files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 5:05 AM Peter Eisentraut
> You can also run this yourself without the detour through the commit
> fest app.  Attached are three patches that add .appveyor.yml files, for
> MSVC, MinGW, and Cygwin respectively.  (An open problem is to combine
> them all into one.)  I have been using these regularly over the last few
> months to test code on these Windows variants.

Thanks!  I added a link to this thread to a Wiki page that tries to
collect information on this topic[1].  Another thing you could be
interested in is the ability to test on several different MSVC
versions (I tried to find some appveyor.yml files I had around here
somewhere to do that, but no cigar... it's just different paths for
those .bat files that set up the environment).

Here is my current wish list for Windows CI:

1.  Run check-world with tap tests.
2.  Turn on the equivalent of -Werror (maybe).
3.  Turn on asserts.
4.  Print backtraces on crash.
5.  Dump all potentially relevant logs on failure (initdb.log,
regression.diff etc).
6.  Find a Windows thing that is like ccache and preserve its cache
across builds (like Travis, which saves some build time).

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Continuous_Integration