Re: POC: Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: POC: Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs
Дата
Re: POC: Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs  (Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:27 PM Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting the following assert failure while performing the recovery
> with the same.
> "TRAP: FailedAssertion("slot->meta.status == UNDO_LOG_STATUS_FULL",
> File: "undolog.c", Line: 997)"
>
> I found that we don't emit an WAL record when we update the
> slot->meta.status as UNDO_LOG_STATUS_FULL. If we don't that, after
> crash recovery, some new transaction may use that undo log which is
> wrong, IMHO. Am I missing something?

Thanks, right, that status logging is wrong, will fix in next version.

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: moonjelly vs tsearch
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: safe to overload objectSubId for a type?