Re: Reply: [GENERAL] 回复: [GENERAL] Can't create plpython language

От Raghavendra
Тема Re: Reply: [GENERAL] 回复: [GENERAL] Can't create plpython language
Дата
Ответ на =?gb18030?B?UmU6IFJlcGx5OiBbR0VORVJBTF0gu9i4tKO6IFtH?= =?gb18030?B?RU5FUkFMXSBDYW4ndCBjcmVhdGUgcGxweXRob24g?= =?gb18030?B?bGFuZ3VhZ2U=?=  ("guxiaobo1982" <guxiaobo1982@qq.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 7:10 PM, guxiaobo1982 <guxiaobo1982@qq.com> wrote:
It works with ActivePython 3.2.2.3,

Thanks for notifying.

but not ActivePython 2.7.2.5.

No idea... :),  I tried AP 3.2 with PG 9.2 & PG 9.3B it went fine for me.

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation

From:  "Raghavendra"<raghavendra.rao@enterprisedb.com>;
Date:  Jul 11, 2013
To:  "guxiaobo1982"<guxiaobo1982@qq.com>;
Cc:  "Jov"<amutu@amutu.com>; "Michael Paquier"<michael.paquier@gmail.com>; "pgsql-general"<pgsql-general@postgresql.org>; "Asif Naeem"<asif.naeem@enterprisedb.com>;
Subject:  Re: Reply: [GENERAL] 回复: [GENERAL] Can't create plpython language

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM, guxiaobo1982 <guxiaobo1982@qq.com> wrote:
I am using PostgreSQL 9.3 beta 2

[postgres@lix Multicorn-master]$ psql
psql (9.3beta2)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=#

It does not work with ActivePython3.2(ActivePython-3.2.2.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz), Which version of PostgreSQL are you running?

Sorry for being late on this email. I overlooked the version you were pointing. I didn't test on PG 9.3Beta, I did on PG 9.2 after looking your error showing PG 9.2.4

[postgres@lix PostgreSQL]$ psql
Password:
psql (9.2.4)
Type "help" for help.
postgres=# create language plpython2u;
ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/plpython2": No such file or directory
postgres=# create language plpython3u;
ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/plpython3": No such file or directory

Later, I began testing it with PG 9.3beta and encountered same error message as you have shared here.
Did some analysis and finally succeeded to create language plpython3u with AP-3.2, however with not many tweaks in compilation.(Steps might be arguing. Pardon me).

Despite the fact that I have ActivePython-3.2 on my system, source compilation was looking for shared library. Hence compiled explicitly with shared_libpython=yes.

Pre-Steps: (Assuming you have ActivePython 3.2)

cd /opt/ActivePython-3.2/bin/
cp python3.2-config python-config
cp python3. python

Test:
export PATH=/opt/ActivePython-3.2/bin:$PATH
# which python
/opt/ActivePython-3.2/bin/python
# which python-config
/opt/ActivePython-3.2/bin/python-config

Steps:

1. Install PG 9.3 beta with below steps:

export PATH=/opt/ActivePython-3.2/bin:$PATH
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pg93b3 --with-python
make shared_libpython=yes
make shared_libpython=yes install

2. After installation you should see below files in your PG installation Path:

[root@localhost pg93b3]# pwd
/usr/local/pg93b3
[root@localhost pg93b3]# find . | grep python
./lib/postgresql/plpython3.so
./share/postgresql/extension/plpython3u--unpackaged--1.0.sql
./share/postgresql/extension/plpython3u--1.0.sql
./share/postgresql/extension/plpython3u.control

3. Now, create new cluster using INITDB
4. Before starting the cluster set the PYTHONHOME, PYTHONPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export PYTHONHOME=/opt/ActivePython-3.2/
export PYTHONPATH=/opt/ActivePython-3.2/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/ActivePython-3.2/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

5. Start the cluster and create the language:

/usr/local/pg93b3/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pg93b3/data/ start

-bash-4.1$ psql -p 4444
psql (9.3beta1)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# create language plpython3u;
CREATE LANGUAGE

Out of my analysis on the issue, Asif Naeem from our Dev group shared his valuable thoughts to conclude this. Thanks Asif.

Question still in mind, Why plpython depends on Shared Libraries (.so) ?

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation