Re: In which case PG_VERSION file updates ?

От Raghavendra
Тема Re: In which case PG_VERSION file updates ?
Дата
Re: In which case PG_VERSION file updates ?
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Adrian Klaver,

Provided link gives about the information of what PG_VERSION file, which am aware of:)

In my observation, all the object related OID's, _fsm, _vm files under $PGDATA/base/database-oid/ directory will change as per the changes made to the database, whereas PG_VERSION file never changes. Because its the file tells on which version of Binary the Data directory is built upon.

So, my question is, Is there any case, where PG_VERSION file updates with any of the utility process or
PG_VERSION file never been touched by PG-Instance ?

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 2:00 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
On Saturday, September 24, 2011 12:34:02 pm Raghavendra wrote:
> Respected All,
>
> In which case $PGDATA/base/database-oid/PG_VERSION file updates ?
>
> I have observed, PG_VERSION file is created at DB creation time and will
> never get
> updated. I mean file PG_VERSION TIMESTAMP.

See here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/storage-file-layout.html

--
Adrian Klaver