Re: Full text search

От Raghavendra
Тема Re: Full text search
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM, itishree sukla <itishree.sukla@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am using full text search,  however it is not helping me to get the partial value.

For example in  my document let Pizza Hut is there, if i am searching for Pizza Hut is it giving me the values for only Pizza or a spell mistake like pizz is not returning any thing. any work around for this, please suggest.

Regards,
Itishree

Hope you are looking like this.

create table foo(v text);
insert into foo values('Near to my house there\'s no any Pizza Hut restuarant');
insert into foo values('I wont like pizza, but friends are crazy of it');

postgres=# select * from foo  where v ~* 'pizz';
 Near to my house there's no any Pizza Hut restuarant
 I wont like pizza, but friends are crazy of it
(2 rows)

postgres=# select * from foo  where v ~* 'pizza hut';
 Near to my house there's no any Pizza Hut restuarant
(1 row)

postgres=# select * from foo  where v ~* 'pizza';
 Near to my house there's no any Pizza Hut restuarant
 I wont like pizza, but friends are crazy of it
(2 rows)

or

with ILIKE

select * from foo where v ilike '%hut%';

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation