Re: general questions

От Raghavendra
Тема Re: general questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 5:04 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
CS DBA <cs_dba@consistentstate.com> writes:
> 1) \d and schema's
> - I setup 2 schema's (sch_a and sch_b)
> - I added both schema's to my search_path
> - I created 2 tables:  sch_a.test_tab and sch_b.test_tab

> If I do a \d with no parameters I only see the first test_tab table
> based on the order of my search_path.
> I get that any queries will use the first found table if I don't specify
> the schemaname but
> if I'm looking for a full list (i.e. \d with no parameters) I would
> think I should get a full list back

> Is this intentional?

Yes.  If you want to see stuff that's invisible in your current search
path, use "\d *.*".  That's even documented somewhere ...

As Tom already said, am adding document pointer, you can find i
n "patterns"
.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/app-psql.html

> 3) Can I force unaligned mode AND no wrap for psql output?

For both unaligned
AND
no wrap, I guess you need to take help of PAGER and
"
psql
-A
" or "
ostgres=#
\a
"
or
"postgres=#
\pset format unaligned
"

I would try like:

export PAGER='less -RSX'    // It no wraps the output
psql -A

                // Unaligned

--
Raghav

EnterpriseDB Corporation

Сообщение: Re: Last inserted row id with complex PK
Сообщение: Re: Last inserted row id with complex PK